We are located near numerous recreational activities such as golfing, boating and fishing. Several lakes are nearby for swimming, snorkeling, canoeing and kayaking. The community’s clubhouse, swimming pool, shuffleboard courts and planned activities all make it easy for our residents to have fun, stay active and meet new friends. Our staff and management take pride in managing a well-maintained neighborhood that offers something for everyone with just the right balance of a laid-back atmosphere and an active lifestyle to enjoy your Windward Village retirement in Florida.
Value of the Adventure Coast area’s highlights:
The major metropolitan area of Tampa-St. Pete is just one hour’s drive from Windward Village senior retirement community and offers plenty of things to see and do, including major league sporting events, Busch Gardens Theme Park, and the famous Sponge Docks of Tarpon Springs. Additionally, the city of Orlando and their imaginative theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, and SeaWorld, are all less than two hours away.
- Home to 250 species of birds, 50 species of reptiles and amphibians and 25 different species of animals, The Chassahowitzka National Wildlife Refuge provides endless opportunities for exploring their natural habitats while kayaking, canoeing or and biking
- Pine Island Beach, located within Pine Island Park, is a perfect spot for fun in the sun and features picnic tables, grills and a concession area in addition to the white sand beach
- Florida’s only spring-fed water park can be found within Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, otherwise known as the City of Mermaids; Located less than five minutes from the community, the park offers coves and beaches, lazy river rides and thrilling flume rides
- Enjoy a round of golf at a the World Woods Golf Club, a five-star public golf course, rated in 2013 by Golf Week Magazine as the “Best Course you Can Play in Florida”
- Sunwest Park is a new beach and recreation area south of Spring Hill that features swimming areas, an Aqua Park, kayaking and paddle boarding, as well as beach volleyball
- With over 800 covered booths spread over 55 acres, it’s no wonder Howard’s Flea Market is an annual recipient of the “The Best of the Best” awards from the Citrus County Chronicle; Discover the unique treasures at this one-of-a-kind shopping experience
If you are looking for a place to call home in the perfect location that offers a peaceful, active setting with high quality homes schedule your personal tour today by calling (352) 277-3207